How Do You Know When It’s Time To Go?
You’re not happy, but are you just having a bad week, or are there clear signs that the job is not working out? If you’re experiencing any of the following, it’s time to consider your exit strategy:
- You have physical and/or mental illnesses such as stomachaches, headaches, frequent crying (and fighting back tears at work), feelings of dread every Sunday evening or sleeplessness.
- You shop compulsively or use other ways to avoid negative emotions.
- Your “misery quotient” is high: energy is spent just surviving at work, and there is no joy.
- More than 15% of your work week is miserable.
- You continuously describe your job negatively to friends, family and others.