Facebook? Check! Snapchat? Yep. Instagram? Of course! What about Forté Connect – Forté’s new online community, built specifically for women interested in business careers and education?
Forté Connect allows you to communicate directly with Forté’s 80,000 members* and:
- Search for other Forté women by company, school, or location;
- Join a conversation with other Forté members around the world (MBA students and candidates; corporate and not-for-profit sponsors; business schools; and others attracted to its mission) on a range of topics; and
- Learn about upcoming Forté events and news.
*Presently, Forté Connect is available to three of our student groups (Forté MBA Fellows; MBALaunch participants and alumnae; and Undergraduate Rising Stars), but this service will be available to the entire Forté membership next year.
We know you are busy, and this online tool will make connecting with your network easier regardless of where you live, work or attend school.
For example, let’s say a student at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management has an upcoming job interview at Amazon in Seattle. She can use Forté Connect to:
- Get the inside scoop from a Forté member who works at Amazon or interned there;
- Join discussion groups about working at tech companies or meeting UCLA alumnae; and
- Find a Forté member in the area who shares her interests and suggest meeting for coffee.
“Exceptional networking is a top benefit of Forté membership, but networking is more than just meeting people at an event. Forté Connect allows our members to develop career connections by being sources of helpful leads and information through specific affinity groups and industry contacts,” says Elissa Sangster, Forté Foundation Executive Director. “As a result of these stronger ties, our Forté members can actively participate in the career advancement of their peers,” she added.
Here are some additional tips for making the most of Forté Connect:
- Reach out and help someone – Share professional experiences within the Forté community.
- Go the extra mile when visiting a new city – Before traveling to another city, contact members beforehand to ask for lodging or restaurant recommendations.
- Be a reliable resource – pass on information about jobs or cool events.
We look forward to seeing you on Forté Connect, whether now or in the near future!
Forté Connect is available to three of our student groups (Forté MBA Fellows; MBALaunch participants and alumnae; and Undergraduate Rising Stars), but this service will be available to the entire Forté membership next year.